We Are Hiring!
Role: Sales Specialist for Eve’s Crackers AND Chiwis
Eve's Crackers and our friends at Chiwis are looking to hire a sales specialist to champion sales outside of our traditional grocery store channels. We know that our natural & healthy snacks are special and could be carried EVERYWHERE. We are talking in airports, cafeterias, co-working spaces, universities, hotels, boutiques, gift baskets etc.
This role will be responsible for creating potential account lists, cold calling, following up, closing sales and managing accounts within these unique channels. There is so much room for growth within these channels!
You will be working with and reporting directly to both founders, Sarah (Chiwis) and Eve (Eve’s Crackers). Eve’s and Chiwis are small businesses and your hardwork will be measurable and tangible within both growing companies. Both companies are based in Squamish, BC. The ideal candidate lives within the Sea to Sky region.
Responsibilities: grow sales in non-grocery verticals (airports, cafeterias, co-working spaces, universities, hotels, boutiques, food service, golf course carts, gift baskets etc.)
- Own entire sales cycle from discovery to cold emailing, follow-up, order placement, organizing fulfillment, invoicing, the sale and account management.
- Proactively identifying gaps or opportunities where Eve’s and/or Chiwis would be a good fit. Create sales lists of all potential customers in Canada and the USA.
- Work with fulfillment partners to take and fill orders
- Account management to ensure new accounts are happy and reordering
- Execute sample shipments or drop offs to potential accounts
- Identify key decisions makers within potential accounts and build meaningful and authentic relationships
- Be a brand advocate and educate on Eve’s and Chiwis product features, values and visions
- Travel 2-3 days per week to meet with potential partners, drop off samples and solicit new business
- Capitalize on the huge opportunity and potential that both brands have to be everywhere dry goods, snacks, or cool products are carried within Canada and the US!
- $60,000 annually + 5% commission
- $350/monthly car & phone budget
Location & Start Date:
- Start date: May 1st, 2022
- The ideal candidate lives in the Sea to Sky region
- When you are not on the road you will be working from home.
- You will be on an individual contract with each company.
- The contract will be 6 months with the likelihood of extension if you are a good fit.
- We will send you on an out of province or to the US to drum up new business opportunities quarterly
- Travel within the lower mainland and Vancouver island 2-3 days per week. You will be traveling to track down buyers, drop off samples and get face time with contacts that you have identified as decision makers within the sales you are trying to close.
2+ experience working in sales of any kind
Ability to effectively communicate, convey information clearly and concisely, with strong written and verbal communication skills
Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
- You love sales!! Selling is in your nature.
- You are a self starter, entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinker
- You must be detailed oriented, process driven and excellent at time management
- You have an unrelenting desire to be successful, seek new opportunities and chase growth
- You have a passion for health and wellness, particularly healthy snacks (:
- Snacks! Of course.
- Flexible schedule that you organize yourself
- No more Zoom fatigue! Both Eve’s and Chiwis are small businesses and you will not be spending hours on Zoom. Most of the work will be self directed and independent.
- The startup food industry in Canada is small and close knit. If you are successful at this role we think there would be an opportunity to take on more small food brands looking to grow into the same vertical.
Who is Chiwis:
At Chiwis we’re obsessed with snacks that taste amazing and pack a nutritional punch. It all started with the kiwi chip, a snack that Chiwis’ founder Sarah took on all of her adventures as a healthy nutrient filled snack that tastes like sweet and sour candy. Chiwis launchd in February 2021 and now has a line of 100% natural upcycled fruit chips that you can find in stores across Canada. The team is growing quickly and we’re so looking forward to adding our sales superstar to the roster!
Who is Eve’s Crackers:
Eve’s Crackers is a small but mighty team that is working hard to grow and share our snacks with the world. Our crackers are deliciously crunchy, richly savoury and some say, addictive. They are gluten free, vegan, keto friendly and made with the goodness of Canadian flaxseed.
Eve’s Crackers was founded in farmer’s markets in 2016. Since the days of baking crackers out of Eve’s home kitchen our company has grown a lot. You can now find Eve’s Crackers in most major grocery stores in Canada.
How to Apply:
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line “Sales Specialist”
- Include short blurb about why you would be a good fit for Eve’s & Chiwis
- Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.